Thursday, May 11, 2006

Howard Stearn, Martha Stewart, Catholic Church

Source: NY Times 5/11 Arts Section

FM-FM: Comment
What do Howard Stearn, Martha Stewart and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese have in common? They are all extra-terristrials beaming down from the Sirius Network. Somehow I thought of Howard Stearn out in space alone, but no, Martha and Cardinal Edward M.Egan will keep him company. I doubt either will have much influence on the bulk of Howard's listeners, but it is comforting to know that there is a dial to turn on a Sirius radio.Do you suppose they will all attend a corporate awards dinner together sometime in the future? The Catholics will be 24/7 this fall and a spokesman for the archdiocese said that the Catholic Channel is a way to "spread the word in a new way," so we can see that Howard has been an influence on the church unbeknownst to him. Those are Howard's exact sentiments. Of course, I don't know what Martha has in mind for her listeners.
Could it be "Twice Told Tales From Jail"or new ways to keep your combs clean? Well, I will never know. I still have dial up internet and an FM/AM radio tuned to PBS. . Incidently, Howard Stern announced yesterday after five months into his five year $500 million contract with Sirius Satellite Radio, that he will never return to terrestrial radio. "I would throw up if I had to back. I'm never going back." Fill in the blank spaces
T - - -! G- -!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home