Friday, May 19, 2006

The New York Times....hurrah!

I am a home delivery subscriber to the New York Times. I chose Mon-Fri because that's when the important stories develop. It seems that major bad news and good news either happens weekdays or reporters don't all work 24/7. With so much excitment in Manhattan who would work weekends anyway? But the fact remains that all of the newsmakers mostly make news Monday to Friday. My paper arrives about 5:30 am. Do I go out in my robe and pajamas? Yes, I do. I rush out and rush in. Being seen in my sleepwear is not my preference. Why can't I wait until after breakfast and stroll our in my unsleepwear? The Times prints all the news fit to print and I am eager to read what it is. Such a civilized newpaper! It is not always easy to read about war casualties, despots, crooks, creeps, and crime but it is bearable because the Times' culture knows what a reader's psyche can process in the a.m. light. And then when I have all I can bear of catastrophes on a global scale, I head for the the Arts section to read about success and some catastrophes on a local scale. Ah! I made it through major breaking news and ranting columnists to the world of art. Much narrower in scope but broader in its humanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home